Join the conversation
The Bristol Property Hub will provide regular opportunities for you to meet and share your knowledge with a local group of experts about the relevant and topical issues in your area. They will be attended by representatives from all parties involved in the property transaction, from conveyancers, estate agents and developers, to surveyors, lenders and Local Authorities – and will make for engaging and relevant discussion spanning the length and breadth of the industry.
Our next Property Hub will be announced shortly
Location: To be confirmed
Time: 3:00pm to 5:00pm
Headline Topic from our Autumn Series was;Believe it or not… There have been 17 housing ministers in the last 21 years. I’m sure you were just as shocked as we were to hear that yet another housing minister has been appointed, as Kit Malthouse replaced Dominic Raab earlier this month. With the housing market already in crisis, what will this additional disruption bring?
- Has Kit Malthouse done enough to put the housing crisis firmly back on the Government’s agenda?
- Is Brexit getting in the way of the Government solving the housing crisis?
- Should housing be removed from Government control?
Our second topic was;
- Is the Bristol Property Market really on the decline? With new developments in motion for Commercial and Residential use is the market set to boom?
Key points from the Autumn Series
- General consensus that the UK housing market is not necessarily broken - basic economics and the market will take care of itself – possibly not reflected in other regions.
- Longer term 20 year housing policy agreement/framework would work better – currently the political 4 year window dependent upon who is in power will not work – more of a coalition approach
- Politicians tinkering with the housing market are making it more difficult and we need stability
- A lot going on in Commercial world and people prepared to pay higher prices but Residential market is softening due to uncertainty of Brexit
These events are exclusive and places are limited so if you would like to recommend a friend to attend please contact Hannah Dukes on:
0800 840 5571 firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to homepage