Join the conversation
The Liverpool Property Hub provides regular opportunities for you to meet and share your knowledge with a local group of experts about the relevant and topical issues in your area. They are attended by representatives from a variety of parties involved in the property transaction, from conveyancers, estate agents and developers, to surveyors, lenders and Local Authorities – and will make for engaging and relevant discussion spanning the length and breadth of the industry.
Our next Property Hub will be announced shortly
Location: to be confirmed
Time: 7:30am to 9:30am
Headline Topic fromthe Autumn seriesBelieve it or not… There have been 17 housing ministers in the last 21 years. I’m sure you were just as shocked as we were to hear that yet another housing minister has been appointed, as Kit Malthouse replaced Dominic Raab earlier this month. With the housing market already in crisis, what will this additional disruption bring?
- Has Kit Malthouse done enough to put the housing crisis firmly back on the Government’s agenda?
- Is Brexit getting in the way of the Government solving the housing crisis?
- Should housing be removed from Government control?
Our second topic was;
- "What is the right to build?” The Government has set out new legislation in a bid to boost housebuilding and affordability? What impact do you think this will have on the market and do you think that this new legislation will address these issues?
Key points from the Autumn Series
- Affordability not supply of housing which is the issue
- Housing Minister changes shouldn’t make too much difference. It is felt that the Housing Minister doesn’t make a huge amount of decisions himself, instead they are there implement the decision made above so specific person shouldn’t make too much difference
- Right to build – It is felt that this is a great idea but the Government need to publicise this scheme better and there is definitely some education needed in the industry. Also possibility of revisiting previously declined planning applications as there will be a need from 2019 onwards to meet serviced plots as per the Government guideline.
These events are exclusive and limited by numbers. Therefore, if you would like to recommend a friend to attend please contact Hannah Dukes on:
0800 840 5571 firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to homepage