Key points raised from the Autumn Series included;
Topic 1 - Believe it or not… There have been 17 housing ministers in the last 21 years. I’m sure you were just as shocked as we were to hear that yet another housing minister has been appointed, as Kit Malthouse replaced Dominic Raab earlier this month. With the housing market already in crisis, what will this additional disruption bring?
- Has Kit Malthouse done enough to put the housing crisis firmly back on the Government’s agenda?
- Is Brexit getting in the way of the Government solving the housing crisis?
- Should housing be removed from Government control?
- In last 21 years, it was expected there to have been c5 Housing Ministers in the last 21 years, not 17. They were surprised there had been so many
Topic 2 - Are the rising house prices of London filtering out to Kingston? With shared ownership rising is there a noticeable shift in the first time buyer profile?;
- Wimbledon and Croydon – hot spots for London overflows
- Aspirations of buyers and the post-war model being broken
- No stepping-stone for 1st time buyers to progress onto for their second home
- Second time buyers – not enough properties for them to move on to, that’s where the problem arises (same point raised as from the Liverpool tmpropertyhub – “if 2nd time buyers don’t move, 1st time buyers can’t move in”)
These events are exclusive and limited to a certain number therefore if you would like to recommend a friend to attend please contact Hannah Dukes on:
0800 840 5571 firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to homepage